CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst, CPIA
The Intrusion Analyst course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practising professional. The cross-discipline course includes malware reverse engineering, handling computer network forensics, intrusion detection incident handling, host intrusion and malware reverse
Live Instructor led. Face-to-face or attend from anywhere.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 5 days of training.
- Course material/Slides.
- Examination Fees.
- 98% Certification Success in First Attempt.
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where.
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience.
- Total comprehensive exam preparation.
What you will Learn?
- Soft skills and incident handling
- Core technical skills.
- Background information gathering and open source.
- Network intrusion analysis module.
- Analysing host intrusions.
- Malware reverse engineering
- Forensics and malware reverse.
Award-winning training that you can trust
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team. These are the skills needed for intrusion experts.
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered practitioner intrusion analyst.
- System administrators who are responding to attacks.
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics.
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams, binary code structure, detection incident handling computer, network intrusion detection etc.
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills.
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques. and processes in order to understand information security baseline.
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisite who is considering a career as CREST practitioner intrusion analyst or Digital Forensics or in the field of malware analysis.
24 – 28 May, 2021
22 – 26 Nov, 2021
In order to achieve the CREST practitioner status, the knowledge and skills needed by the team member are below
Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Engagement Lifecycle Management.
- Incident Chronology.
- Law & Compliance.
- Threat Assessment.
Core Technical Skills
- IP Protocols.
- Network Architectures.
- Common Classes of Tools.
- OS Fingerprinting.
- Application fingerprinting.
- Network Access Control Analysis.
- Applications of Cryptography.
- File System Permissions.
- Host Analysis Techniques.
- Understanding Common Data Formats.
Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Registration Records
- Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Open Source Investigation and Web Enumeration.
- Extraction of Document Meta Data.
- Community Knowledge.
Networking Intrusion Analysis
- Network Traffic Capture.
- Data Sources and Network Log Sources.
- Network Configuration Security Issues.
- Unusual Protocol Behaviour.
- Command and Control Channels.
- Exfiltration of Data.
- Incoming Attacks.
- Internal Spread and Privilege Escalation.
- False Positive Acknowledgement.
Analysing Host Intrusions
- Host-based Data Acquisition.
- Live Analysis Laboratory Setup.
- Windows File System Essentials.
- Windows File Structures.
- Application File Structures.
- Windows Registry Essentials.
- Identifying Suspect Files.
- Storage Media.
- Memory Analysis.
- Infection Vectors.
- Malware Behaviours and Anti-Forensics.
- Rootkit Identification.
- Live Malware Analysis.
Reverse Engineering Malware
- Windows Anti-Reverse Engineering.
- Functionality Identification.
- Windows NT Architecture.
- Windows API Development.
- Binary code structure.
- Cryptographic Techniques.
- Processor Architectures.
- Windows Executable File Formats.
- Hiding Techniques.
- Malware Reporting.
- Binary Obfuscation.
- Behavioural Analysis.
In order to be the CREST intrusion analyst, it is must to have essential knowledge and skills. The subject areas of network intrusion, network forensics and malware knowledge are must for the team member.