CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst, Registered CPIA
The Intrusion Analyst course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practising professional. The cross-discipline course includes malware reverse engineering, handling computer network forensics, intrusion detection incident handling, host intrusion and malware reverse
Live Instructor led. Face-to-face or attend from anywhere.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 5 days of training.
- Course material/Slides.
- Examination Fees.
- 98% Certification Success in First Attempt.
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where.
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience.
- Total comprehensive exam preparation.
What you will Learn?
- Soft skills and incident handling
- Core technical skills.
- Background information gathering and open source.
- Network intrusion analysis module.
- Analysing host intrusions.
- Malware reverse engineering
- Forensics and malware reverse.
Award-winning training that you can trust
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team. These are the skills needed for intrusion experts.
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered practitioner intrusion analyst.
- System administrators who are responding to attacks.
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics.
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams, binary code structure, detection incident handling computer, network intrusion detection etc.
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills.
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques. and processes in order to understand information security baseline.
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisite who is considering a career as CREST practitioner intrusion analyst or Digital Forensics or in the field of malware analysis.
22 – 26 Nov, 2021
In order to achieve the CREST practitioner status, the knowledge and skills needed by the team member are below
Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Engagement Lifecycle Management.
- Incident Chronology.
- Law & Compliance.
- Threat Assessment.
Core Technical Skills
- IP Protocols.
- Network Architectures.
- Common Classes of Tools.
- OS Fingerprinting.
- Application fingerprinting.
- Network Access Control Analysis.
- Applications of Cryptography.
- File System Permissions.
- Host Analysis Techniques.
- Understanding Common Data Formats.
Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Registration Records
- Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Open Source Investigation and Web Enumeration.
- Extraction of Document Meta Data.
- Community Knowledge.
Networking Intrusion Analysis
- Network Traffic Capture.
- Data Sources and Network Log Sources.
- Network Configuration Security Issues.
- Unusual Protocol Behaviour.
- Command and Control Channels.
- Exfiltration of Data.
- Incoming Attacks.
- Internal Spread and Privilege Escalation.
- False Positive Acknowledgement.
Analysing Host Intrusions
- Host-based Data Acquisition.
- Live Analysis Laboratory Setup.
- Windows File System Essentials.
- Windows File Structures.
- Application File Structures.
- Windows Registry Essentials.
- Identifying Suspect Files.
- Storage Media.
- Memory Analysis.
- Infection Vectors.
- Malware Behaviours and Anti-Forensics.
- Rootkit Identification.
- Live Malware Analysis.
Reverse Engineering Malware
- Windows Anti-Reverse Engineering.
- Functionality Identification.
- Windows NT Architecture.
- Windows API Development.
- Binary code structure.
- Cryptographic Techniques.
- Processor Architectures.
- Windows Executable File Formats.
- Hiding Techniques.
- Malware Reporting.
- Binary Obfuscation.
- Behavioural Analysis.
In order to be the CREST intrusion analyst it is must to have essential knowledge and skills. The subject areas of network intrusion , network forensics and malware knowledge are must for the team member.