CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst, Registered CPIA
This course prepares the student for a career in Incident Response and provides all of the tools and teaches the techniques needed by a practicing professional
Live Instructor led. Face-to-face or attend from anywhere.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 5 days of training
- Course material/Slides
- Examination Fees
- 95.8% Certification Success in First Attempt
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience
- Total comprehensive exam preparation
What you will Learn?
- Soft skills and incident handling
- Core technical skills
- Background information gathering and open source
- Network intrusion analysis
- Analysing host intrusions
- Reverse engineering malware
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques. and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
16 – 20 Jan, 2023
05 – 09 JUn, 2023
06 – 10 Nov, 2023
In order to achieve the CREST practitioner status, the knowledge and skills needed by the team member are below
Soft Skills and Incident Handling
- Engagement Lifecycle Management.
- Incident Chronology.
- Law & Compliance.
- Threat Assessment.
Core Technical Skills
- IP Protocols.
- Network Architectures.
- Common Classes of Tools.
- OS Fingerprinting.
- Application fingerprinting.
- Network Access Control Analysis.
- Applications of Cryptography.
- File System Permissions.
- Host Analysis Techniques.
- Understanding Common Data Formats.
Background Information Gathering & Open Source
- Registration Records
- Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Open Source Investigation and Web Enumeration.
- Extraction of Document Meta Data.
- Community Knowledge.
Networking Intrusion Analysis
- Network Traffic Capture.
- Data Sources and Network Log Sources.
- Network Configuration Security Issues.
- Unusual Protocol Behaviour.
- Command and Control Channels.
- Exfiltration of Data.
- Incoming Attacks.
- Internal Spread and Privilege Escalation.
- False Positive Acknowledgement.
Analysing Host Intrusions
- Host-based Data Acquisition.
- Live Analysis Laboratory Setup.
- Windows File System Essentials.
- Windows File Structures.
- Application File Structures.
- Windows Registry Essentials.
- Identifying Suspect Files.
- Storage Media.
- Memory Analysis.
- Infection Vectors.
- Malware Behaviours and Anti-Forensics.
- Rootkit Identification.
- Live Malware Analysis.
Reverse Engineering Malware
- Windows Anti-Reverse Engineering.
- Functionality Identification.
- Windows NT Architecture.
- Windows API Development.
- Binary code structure.
- Cryptographic Techniques.
- Processor Architectures.
- Windows Executable File Formats.
- Hiding Techniques.
- Malware Reporting.
- Binary Obfuscation.
- Behavioural Analysis.
Career, certification and Salary
CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) course is a technical qualification for intrusion analysis that you can acquire to advance your expertise in incident response. CREST CRIA identifies the technical skills and knowledge that candidates should possess for the certification exams.
The CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) examination tests candidates’ knowledge across three main subject areas: network intrusion, host intrusion, and malware reverse engineering.
Who Should Get CREST CPIA?
CREST CRIA provides a new security baseline for intrusion analysts, digital forensic personnel, and other security practitioners.
With the Cyber Skills Training CREST CPIA course, candidates can comfortably challenge the CREST’s intrusion analyst exam to achieve the CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analysts (CPIA) professional qualification.
CREST Intrusion Analyst qualification is suitable for aspiring information security personnel interested in becoming part of an incident response team. Besides, CPIA is ideal for existing security practitioners wishing to become CREST Practitioner. System administrators responsible for responding to attacks can also acquire CREST CPIA for career and skills advancement in incident response.
CREST Intrusion Analyst qualification is also suitable for incident handlers who wish to expand their digital forensics knowledge. Government departments who want to raise and baseline skills across all security teams can also invest in CREST CPIA.
CREST Intrusion Analyst is an appropriate qualification for law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills. Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes to understand information security implications can also acquire CREST CPIA certification.