Foundation Certificate in Data Protection, FCDP
Knowledge of UK data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, along with copyright of how they are applied in practice, is important for any organisation processing personal information. The BCS Foundation Certificate in Foundation Data Protection (FCDP) is designed for those who wish to acquire a sound grounding in the key elements of the law and its practical application. It is suitable for women who want to make a flourishing career.
Live Instructor Led. Face-to-face or attend from anywhere.
This is a live Instructor program with detailed training programmes which will result in Candidates being able to demonstrate knowledge of key provisions of Data Protection legislation in the following areas:
1. An Introduction to the History of Data Protection in the U.K.
2. Principles of Data Protection and Applicable Terminology
3. Lawful bases for processing of Personal Data for FCDP
4. Governance and Accountability of Data Protection within organisations
5. Controller and Processor obligations
6. Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations
7. Data Subject Rights
8. Independent Supervisory Authority (ICO)
9. Breaches, Enforcement and Liability
10. Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 3 days of training
- Program material/Slides
- Examination Fees
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience
- Total comprehensive exam preparation part
What you will Learn?
- Gain an understanding of the key changes that the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018) bring to data protection.
- Gain an understanding of the new rights available to data subjects and the implications of those rights with the GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018).
- Gain an understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018), particularly the need for effectiveness record keeping.
- Gain an understanding of the increased obligations faced by data controllers and data processors as a result of the GDPR coming into force and the Data Protection Act (2018) being enacted.
- Be better placed to support their organisation in processing customer data in compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018).
Award-winning training that you can trust
Who should attend?
The Foundation Certificate (FCDP)will also provide a stepping stone for those who have, or who will have, some responsibility for data protection within an organisation and who intend in due program to gain the BCS Practitioner Certificate in BCS Data Protection.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy Program
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Data Management Program
- Project Management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Legal and procurement
- Marketing and Sales professionals
- Information Security and IT Programme
- Human Resource
16 – 20 Aug, 2021
8 – 12 Nov, 2021
. An Introduction to the History of Data Protection in the U.K. (5%)
2. Principles of Data Protection and Applicable Terminology (15%)
3. Lawful bases for processing of Personal Data (12.5%)
4. Governance and Accountability of Data Protection within organisations (20%)
5. Interaction between Controller and Processor (7.5%)
6. Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations (5%)
7. Data Subject Rights Level (12.5%)
8. Independent Supervisory Authority (ICO) (10%)
9. Breaches, Enforcement and Liability (10%)
10. Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 (2.5%)
None. Some knowledge of data protection law for FCDP would be an advantage to the candidate especially women, as well as basic working knowledge of IT and GDPR service. The data protection exam increases the opportunity for the students. The training programmes with right set of activities for FCDP course increases the success ratio .