Foundation Certificate in Data Protection, FCDP
Knowledge of UK data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, along with copyright of how they are applied in practice, is important for any organisation processing personal information. The BCS Foundation Certificate in Foundation Data Protection (FCDP) is designed for those who wish to acquire a sound grounding in the key elements of the law and its practical application. It is suitable for women who want to make a flourishing career.
Live Instructor Led. Face-to-face or attend from anywhere.
This is a live Instructor program with detailed training programmes which will result in Candidates being able to demonstrate knowledge of key provisions of Data Protection legislation in the following areas:
1. An Introduction to the History of Data Protection in the U.K.
2. Principles of Data Protection and Applicable Terminology
3. Lawful bases for processing of Personal Data for FCDP
4. Governance and Accountability of Data Protection within organisations
5. Controller and Processor obligations
6. Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations
7. Data Subject Rights
8. Independent Supervisory Authority (ICO)
9. Breaches, Enforcement and Liability
10. Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 3 days of training
- Program material/Slides
- Examination Fees
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience
- Total comprehensive exam preparation part
What you will Learn?
- Gain an understanding of the key changes that the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018) bring to data protection.
- Gain an understanding of the new rights available to data subjects and the implications of those rights with the GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018).
- Gain an understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018), particularly the need for effectiveness record keeping.
- Gain an understanding of the increased obligations faced by data controllers and data processors as a result of the GDPR coming into force and the Data Protection Act (2018) being enacted.
- Be better placed to support their organisation in processing customer data in compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018).
Award-winning training that you can trust
Who should attend?
The Foundation Certificate (FCDP)will also provide a stepping stone for those who have, or who will have, some responsibility for data protection within an organisation and who intend in due program to gain the BCS Practitioner Certificate in BCS Data Protection.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy Program
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Data Management Program
- Project Management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Legal and procurement
- Marketing and Sales professionals
- Information Security and IT Programme
- Human Resource
16 – 20 Aug, 2021
8 – 12 Nov, 2021
. An Introduction to the History of Data Protection in the U.K. (5%)
2. Principles of Data Protection and Applicable Terminology (15%)
3. Lawful bases for processing of Personal Data (12.5%)
4. Governance and Accountability of Data Protection within organisations (20%)
5. Interaction between Controller and Processor (7.5%)
6. Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations (5%)
7. Data Subject Rights Level (12.5%)
8. Independent Supervisory Authority (ICO) (10%)
9. Breaches, Enforcement and Liability (10%)
10. Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 (2.5%)
None. Some knowledge of data protection law for FCDP would be an advantage to the candidate especially women, as well as basic working knowledge of IT and GDPR service. The data protection exam increases the opportunity for the students. The training programmes with right set of activities for FCDP course increases the success ratio .
Career, certification and Salary
Data Protection entry level – FCDP
Information technology is changing rapidly and becoming popular in almost every aspect of life. Computers and systems play a crucial role in today’s business. They store, process, retrieve, analyse, transmit, and share information. However, bad guys commit cybercrime using the same information technology to steal sensitive information and disrupt business operations.
To curb the spread of malicious cyber activities, the UK government enact laws that organisations must follow to stay out of trouble. Data protection laws keep several issues, such as computer ethics, morals, and morals, into consideration to ensure organisations and regular citizens maintain discipline and justice in the cyber world.
Learning through the Foundation Certificate in Data Protection
Organisations must be educated in cybersecurity and data protection laws to keep up with different types of criminal activities. Educating people on data protection laws and security practices enables them to safely handle sensitive data, transactions, and records.
Foundation Certificate in Data Protection is an Data Protection entry level course, which allows you to explore the application of current data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
Who Should Acquire the Foundation Certificate in Data Protection?
This Data Protection entry level course is essential for anyone who wishes to acquire a sound grounding in the law’s key elements and practical application, particularly the UK Data Protection Act, GDPR, and PECR. If you need to understand data protection and the GDPR, then this is your qualification. The certification is also vital for candidates whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
The BCS certification qualification is of particular benefit to candidates working in these areas:
- Data protection and privacy
- Information governance, risk, and compliance
- Data management
- Project management
- Directors and senior managers with data protection responsibilities
- Legal and procurement
- Marketing and sales professionals
- Information security and IT
- Customer support
- Human resource
You can also acquire the Foundation Certificate that provides a stepping stone if you have responsibility for data protection within an organisation. The qualification is also essential for candidates who intend to gain the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection.
Organisations can also invest in the BCS Foundation qualification to train operational employees. This move helps workers reduce unnecessary human errors that lead to devastating and costly data breach and non-compliance cases.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Having some knowledge of data protection law and basic working knowledge of IT and GDPR would be an advantage.
What You Learn
Candidates interested in the Foundation Certificate in Data Protection will acquire a recognised qualification in data protection. The certification enables you to understand the critical changes that the UK Data Protection Act (2018) and GDPR bring to data protection.
Besides, you gain an understanding of the new rights available to data subjects and the implications of those rights with the GDPR, the UK Data Protection Act (2018), and PECR.
The Foundation Certificate Data Protection teaches about an individual and organisational responsibility under data protection laws that require businesses to maintain adequate record-keeping.
Did you know that GDPR increased data controller and processor obligations? The Foundation Certificate in Data Protection allows you to learn about the increased obligations that came into effect with GDPR.
With such a degree of knowledge, you are better placed to support your organisation in processing customer data according to GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act (2018) requirements.
Getting the Certification
You can take the Foundation Certificate in Data Protection course with an accredited training provider. The classroom course typically lasts three days.
The Exam Format
The Foundation Certificate in Data Protection has a one-hour closed book examination with 40 multiple-choice questions. The exam is supervised, and candidates cannot take materials into the examination room.
The pass mark is 26/40, or 65 per cent. The delivery can be digital, or paper based.
Candidates taking the examination in a different language from their native/official language are entitled to 25 per cent extra time.
Cyber Skills Training program follows the latest BCS Syllabus to better prepare participants. Some of the areas covered during the course include:
- An introduction to the history of data protection in the UK
- Principles of data protection and applicable terminology
- Lawful bases for the processing of personal data
- Governance and accountability of data protection within organisations
- Controller and processor obligations
- Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations
- Data subject rights
Breaches, enforcement, and liability