Certificate in Information Security Management Principles, CISMP
This certificate covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to the BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles. Candidates are required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of these aspects, as specified in the learning objectives provided.
The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of the BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles including those who have information security responsibilities as part of their day to day role, or who are thinking of moving into an information security or related function.
It also provides the opportunity for those already within these roles to enhance or refresh their knowledge and in the process gain a qualification, recognised by industry, which demonstrates the level of knowledge gained.
Live Instructor Led. Face-to-Face or attend from anywhere.
This is a 5-Day live Instructor course which will result in Candidates being ble to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management.
- Understanding of current national legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management.
- Awareness of current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security.
- Understanding of the current business and common technical environments in which information security management must operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
Skill up and get certified, guaranteed
What is included?
- 5 days of training.
- Course material/Slides
- Examination Fees.
- 97% Certification Success rate
- Classroom training Or Attend-From-Any-Where.
- Training delivered by Professionals with enormous industry experience.
- Total comprehensive exam preparation.
What you will Learn?
You will learn and be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Information Security Management Principles in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks, countermeasures)
2. Understanding of the relevant current legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management
3. Comprehension of the relevant current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security
4. Knowledge of the environments in which information security management has to operate
5. Understanding of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics
Award-winning training that you can trust
Who should attend?
The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of Information Security Management Principles as well as those with an interest in information security either as a potential career or as an additional part of their general business knowledge. It is very much a firm foundation on which other qualifications can be built or which provides a thorough general understanding to enable organisations to begin to ensure their information is protected appropriately.
18 – 22 Jan, 2021
24 – 28 May, 2021
15 -19 Nov, 2021
1. Information Security Management Principles (10%)
2. Information Risk (10%)
3. Information Security Framework (15%)
4. Security Lifecycle (10%)
5. Procedural/People Security Controls (15%)
6. Technical Security Controls (25%)
7. Physical and Environmental Security Controls of an organisation. (5%)
8. Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management (5%)
9. Other Technical Aspects (5%)
- It’s ideal if you hold the BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection, though this is not mandatory.
- We strongly recommended that candidates attend an accredited training course and are fully familiar with GDPR and the syllabus and any recommended reading outlined in the syllabus.